Why Just Between Friends?
The resale industry has an annual revenue of more than $50 billion. And, it’s still growing.
From modest beginnings in a Tulsa living room in 1997 to more than 150 U.S. franchises today, the Just Between Friends brand also continues to grow and has plans to expand internationally. Created in 2003, the unique Just Between Friends franchise model suits the varied lifestyles of future owners with a low initial investment, and the choice of working the business for part-time income or a full-time career.
A nationally-recognized brand, Just Between Friends has been featured on a wide variety of national media, including the Today show and Good Morning America. As a faith-based franchise, Just Between Friends has been life changing for its Franchisees and Customers. Many Just Between Friends Franchise Owners are parents and grandparents who earn healthy additional income by hosting a minimum of two sales events per year. Other Franchisees own multiple territories that are the livelihood of their families.
Over the years, Just Between Friends has given back an estimated $32 million in cash and in-kind donations to hundreds of nonprofits nationwide, $7.6 million in 2018 alone.
The Just Between Friends mission statement says it all: To glorify God by bringing communities and families together in a welcoming environment that allows them to care for children and be good stewards of what they have been given.
Each year, JBF Franchisees host hundreds of events that dramatically improve lives by giving local families a safe, organized place to save money buying items for those they love most—their children.
Within the Just Between Friends franchise network, Franchisees enjoy:
- Low initial investment – With a low, initial franchise fee of $17,900 and a requirement to host only two sales events per year, owning a JBF franchise offers both financial and schedule flexibility for those entering into ownership of an award-winning business. Click here for more information about investment.
- Low operation costs – The ongoing costs associated with operating a Just Between Friends franchise are low and peak as you draw nearer to your sales events.
- Making money and feeling good about it – Whether you run your business to supplement household revenue or as a stand-alone business, Just Between Friends is a company that has community at its core. At the end of each sale, unsold items, as well as donated items, are given to charities in the local community. This impact is measurable – nationwide, JBF franchisees contributed $7.6 million dollars in like value for clothes, toys, and other items. Just Between Friends is the epitome of conscious capitalism, giving franchisees a way to make money while making a difference in their communities.
- Consistent Growth – JBF is the dominant brand in the rapidly-growing consignment sales event industry. As the leading pop-up children’s consignment sales event franchise in North America, Just Between Friends continues to expand because franchise owners go above and beyond to make their pop-up consignment sale events successful.
- Training and Ongoing Support – Just Between Friends franchise owners receive training and support that far exceeds what is offered by competitors. A proven business model, JBF provides hands-on, classroom and online training for new franchisees. Additional coaching is offered by all-star JBF franchisees who’ve built their businesses into powerhouses in the community. Click here to learn more about training.
- Access to the Industry’s Only Product and Safety Recall Specialist – JBF offers value other children’s consignment sales franchise systems don’t. It’s what our Customers value most—child safety. Just Between Friends is the only brand in the industry with a product and safety recall specialist who is also on the board for the International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization. She knows hundreds of children’s items are recalled due to safety each year, and assists Franchisees with updated manuals and guideline updates to help keep children safe.
Why It Works
Just Between Friends is a concept that benefits everyone in the community. Franchise Owners host at least two events per year. They market to consignors who sell their gently-used items and earn 60 to 70% on these item sales. Other bargain-seeking families then purchase those items at great savings—typically 50 to 90% below retail. Franchisees make a percentage of every item sold. At each sale inventory includes baby and children’s clothes and shoes, accessories, nursery items, maternity wear, costumes, toys, books, games and more. Consignors can also choose to donate any unsold items which then go to local, family-serving Charities at the end of each sale. It’s a great win for all in the community.
Request more information to explore how you can bring the Just Between Friends concept to your community today!